"A set of specifications which describe a model for building applications and systems using a Service-Oriented Architecture. SCA extends and complements prior approaches to implementing services, and SCA builds on open standards such as Web services."
- Component - general term for a configured implementation of an SCA application
- Composite - larger structure composed of several components
- SCDL - Service Component Definition Language used for composite configuration files
- Domain - container for components and composites
- Service - exposes a components business logic
- Reference - used by a component to indicate the services it relies on
- Property - an instantiated component value which can be read from the SCDL configuration
- Binding - specifies how components communicate with other software
Supported by BEA, IBM, Oracle, SAP AG, Red Hat, Sun, TIBCO and others.