One surprising result:
- A very small percentage of teams use Software-Based Modelling Tools to generate code
- Many teams use sketching to think and communicate and then capture key diagrams
- Nearly all teams use some form of modelling for up-front requirements and architecture envisioning
- Face-to-face discussions, whiteboards discussions and overview diagrams are more effective for communicating with stakeholders than teleconference calls, email and detailed documentation
- Co-located projects teams are typically more successful than those who are far-located
- Very few teams like writing detailed documentation!