- Text documents which do not describe the GUI or data formats, contain 3-9 steps in the main scenario, are easy to read, at the users-goal level and record decisions made.
- Contain the goal of the primary actor, level of goal, primary actor, main scenario action steps, extension conditions and action steps
- Non-functional requirements should be held elsewhere
- Use cases should not provide a tutorial on the domain, describe program features, span multiple pages, collect formulae
- Use cases should be used to discuss/argue and agree upon functionality, summarise system responsibilities and as a basis for further analysis
See: Agile Use Cases