1 cup yellow split peas
1 can coconut milk
1 tablespoon curry powder
2 russet potatoes
1/3 cup yoghurt
for garnish cilantro, minced for garnish
1. Pick over lentils and rinse.
2. In a heavy pot with a lid combine peas, milk curry powder and one cup of water. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
3. Partially cover the pot and let cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Peel potatoes and chop into large chunks. Add potatoes to the pot and cover, cook for 10 minutes. Give it a good stir and add a big pinch of salt. Continue cooking until lentils and potatoes are tender, if it seems dry you can add a bit more water.
5. When tender add a big grinding of fresh pepper and adjust for salt. Serve topped with yogourt and fresh cilantro.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 45 minutes Total Time: 60 minutes