- Smaller footprint (42MB for 220.127.116.11.0)
- No Windows restart required (great for production environments)
- Really simple installation...
- Download the InstantClient zip folder (http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/database)
- Unzip the folder to a location of your choice
- Add that folder to the 'path' environment variable
- If you are using TNSNAMES, add the location of the tnsnames.ora file to the TNS_ADMIN environment variable
Worked a treat for getting ASP.NET 3.5 and SQL Server Reporting Services 2005 up and running with Oracle connectivity.