* 150 g (5.3 oz) of Arborio Rice
* 540 ml Vegetable stock (homemade or made with a stock cube)
* 1/2 tsp Paprika
* 1/2 tsp Tumeric
* 2 cloves of garlic, crushed or finely chopped
* Rapeseed or Olive oil for frying
* Cooked and sliced vegetarian sausages (optional)
* Either of the following vegetables (on their own or in combination) : onions, shallots, leeks, peas, mushroom, aubergine, carrot, parsnip, green beans, sweetcorn, peppers, courgette, tomatoes.
* Tastes great with additional spices such as 1 tsp curry powder
In a large non-stick saucepan, sauté pan or wok, heat a small amount of oil.
Fry your choice of diced/sliced vegetables for 5 mins.
Add the garlic and fry for a further 5 minuts.
Add the rice and fry for 2 minutes, whilst stirring continuously.
Add all the vegetable stock.
Add the paprika, tumeric and any other spices you choose to include.
Stir whilst bringing to the boil, and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring every 4-5 minutes.
Add the sliced cooked vegetarian sausages (if using) and continue to cook for a further 5-10 minutes
Once all the water has been absorbed, the paella is ready to serve.